The largest religious and holiest gathering in the world, Kumbh Mela is inscribed on the UNESCO's Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. A mass Hindu pilgrimage of faith, the Kumbh Mela is the most abundant, peaceful religious gathering, where people of different classes participate without any discrimination. Traditionally, four fairs are widely recognized as the Kumbh Melas: the Haridwar Kumbh Mela, the Allahabad Kumbh Mela, the Nashik-Trimbakeshwar Simhastha, and Ujjain Simhastha.
The 2019 Kumbh Mela will be held at Allahabad (Prayag) from January 14th, 2019 to March 4th, 2019. Witness the naga sadhus and throngs of devotees offer their supreme energy as they take a holy dip in the freezing water, with the sole purpose of seeking nirvana.
Kumbh Mela Special Tour Packages
Allahabad Kumbh Mela Bathing Dates 2019
- Makar Sankranti - 15-01-2019/Tuesday
- Paush Purnima - 21-01-2019/Monday
- Mauni Amavasya (Somvati) - 04-02-2019/Monday
- Basant Panchami - 10-02-2019/Sunday
- Maghi Purnima - 19-02-2019/Tuesday
- Mahashivratri - 04-03-2019/Monday
Pujas during Kumbh Mela
Below are the details of Individual Pujas held during the Kumbh Mela -
- Rudra Abhishek: 5 To 7 Pandits - 3 Hours
- Maha Mrutinjaya Mantra Jaap: 11 Pandits - 3 / 7 / 11 Days
- Nav Graha Shanti: 9 Pandits - 9 Days, 3 hrs per Day
- Shat Chandi Maha Yagya: 9 Days - 3 hrs per Day (Puja & Path) With 11 Pandits
- Puja as per Astrological Solutions
Allahabad Kumbh Mela significance
As per the astrological belief, Kumbh at Prayag (Allahabad) is more critical than other Kumbh because it leads to light. Prayag is considered as the origin of the universe and the center of the Earth, and it is a place that symbolizes the rise of the sun with intelligence.
Another legend states that Lord Brahma did Ashwamegha Yagya here before the creation of the universe. Dashwamedh Ghat and Brahmeshwara temple present here are a symbol of this Yagya. Maha Kumbh also has particular significance due to this Yagya. Maha Kumbh and Prayag are synonymous with each other.