About the Train
Gear up for one of the most incredible tour of your life. Royal Rajasthan on Wheels, an imperial train chugging across the land of maharajas in western India, started its maiden journey on Jan 11'09.It is a landmark in terms of luxury, comfort and service. It is a joint venture of Indian Railways and Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation (RTDC).
The Royal Rajasthan on Wheels has a seating capacity of 82 and two super deluxe suites, two restro-bars, 13 deluxe saloons, improved water supply and storage, international spa facilities, boardroom and internet facilities. The interiors of the train are truly dazzling. The deluxe cabins come with names such as Pearl, Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire and attractive rich color schemes to match. The train will start its 7 days long journey at New Delhi and return there after visiting Jaipur, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Chittorgarh, Bharatpur and Agra.
Train offers the luxury of exploring the desert state in the shortest time possible. This new luxury train is a sophisticated version of the "Palace on Wheels" and follows the same tour and itinerary of "Palace on Wheels," linking the historical and tourist sports of the desert state of Rajasthan.
The state of Rajasthan is vivacious with its colors and desert, well known for its national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, adventure and living traditions. Add to those shopping, handicrafts, and it turns out to be a tourist wonder.
Your journey starts from Delhi on Sundays. On second day train arrives at Jaipur, where you get to walk around the famous monuments like the Amber Palace, Hawa Mahal and City Palace. From Jaipur you reach Bikaner on the third day and visit the forts, temples and camel research farms. As per the itinerary, it arrives at Jaisalmer on the fourth day and gives you a prospect to explore the Trikuta hill, havelis and the fort built by Rawal Jaiswal. The train brings to a halts at Jodhpur on the fifth day. The popular tourist attractions at Jodhpur are Jaswant Thada, Mehrangarh Fort and Umaid Bhavan Palace. The next destination is Chittorgarh. On the seventh day, the train arrives at two places- Agra and Bharatpur. On the last day the Royal Rajasthan arrives back at Delhi, marking the end of your unforgettable journey.
Super Deluxe Saloon - The Bravura Suite
Your princely saloon offers a spacious living with complete comfort of royal suite. The exquisite silk and velvet bedspreads and draperies take you to the era of munificent living. The finely carved wooden furniture in the super-deluxe suite adds to your experience. The bed in the cabin is large and comfortable with color-coordinated draperies. The ottoman, sofa-chairs and writing table have been provided to make your stay more comfortable. The suites have been named after the two precious stones, Emerald and Diamond.
Deluxe Saloon - The Extraordinary Suite
elcome to your exquisite saloon, the personal imperial chamber. The saloon has been designed to live up to the grandeur of contemporary princely living with elegant silk furnishings for a befitting aesthetic appeal. These saloons have been thematically designed with coordinated color schemes and textures to augment their splendor. Your chamber offers luxuries with meticulously chosen bedding and upholstery, writing-table and chair to make your stay more comfortable. Your furnished saloon gives you sufficient mobility within the coupe. The saloons have been created in three different themes in hues of exquisite jewels, Ruby, Sapphire and Pearl.
Dining and Cuisines
A delicious meal, presented appetizingly and served with love is the perfect beginning and end of the day. And we serve it all. Sheesh Mahal and Swarn Mahal, the two Restro-Lounges on the Royal Train await you to savour the grand royal feast. Indulge in mouth-watering delicacies from Rajasthani, Indian, Continental and Chinese cuisines. Sheesh Mahal has been adorned with splendid floor lamps and crystal pelmets; the entire restro-lounge is made of wood and crystal. The Swarn Mahal has been planned around a theme of gold and brass. Dinning at both the restro-lounges will add to your pleasure. Amidst aesthetic splendor, feast on your delicious meal with customized hand-made cutlery and specially designed crockery.
Bar & Lounge
Accompany your sumptuous meals with finest wines and an array of international brands of liquor on the two restro-lounges Sheesh Mahal and Swarn Mahal on the Royal Train. The fully equipped bar on the train serves selected brands on Aperitif, Malt, Whisky, Scotch, Rum, Vodka, Cognac, Wines and Champagne. These premium delights have been put to serve your palette better.
The Royal Rajasthan on Wheels has souvenirs, to provide you with knickknacks and keepsakes that you would love to pick up. These include products and apparels specially designed to suit your interest like:
- Beer Mug
- Emboss Leather Jewellery Box
- Leather Photo Frame
- Cruet Set
- Old Paper Notebook with Train Painting
- T-shirt, Caps, etc.
- Hospitality – At Royal Rajasthan on Wheels, the gracious hospitality is bound to leave you speechless. Your experience at the regal train will be doubled by the warm welcome and the diligent service. The meticulously trained attendants, your Khidmatgars will serve you round the clock.
- Splendid Saloons – The 13 deluxe coaches have been rightly named after the famous palaces of Rajasthan. Namely, Hawa Mahal, Chandra Mahal, Surya Mahal, Moti Mahal, Sukh Mahal, Jal Mahal, Padmini Mahal, Kishori Mahal, Phool Mahal, Jogi Mahal, Kumbha Palace, Umaid Palace, Lalgarh Palace. The Super-Deluxe coach is Taj Mahal.
- Royal Rajasthan on Wheels is a no smoking train.
- The Royal train is Wi-Fi enabled.*
- The windows in the Royal Train are the largest in any train running on tracks in India and have been made especially for enjoying the visual treat on your royal escapade.
- The super deluxe saloons have an individual temperature control facility.
- Channel music system and public address system.
- Get engrossed with a range of board-games and a variety of books on the train.
- Various national dailies and magazines are available aboard.
- Laundry service is available on board to serve you better.
- A separate safe is provided in your cabin to store your valuables.
- 110/120 V sockets in Train.
- Mailbox is provided on board.
- Foreign exchange counters are available at hotel counters.
- Transport – For a comfortable sightseeing experience, Royal Rajasthan on Wheels will provide modified Volvo buses for the passengers in deluxe saloons and cars for passengers in super-deluxe saloon.